Highlights of Phil Griffis’ first chair trial and arbitration experience include:
- A non-liability finding in the Bay City, Texas trial of a million dollar premises liability claim brought by a customer who allegedly fell in client’s store.
- A non-liability finding in the arbitration of a two million dollar personal injury claim brought by an employee of a non-subscribing employer.
- A non-liability finding in the arbitration of a six hundred thousand dollar personal injury claim brought by and employee of a non-subscribing employer.
- The representation of a major disability insurance carrier in a suit brought by a quadriplegic insured, who was denied benefits based upon a pre-existing injury rider. Judgment for the insured was entered in the client’s favor by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- The representation of a major oil producer in a class action brought by royalty interest owners.
- A non-liability finding in an election fraud and libel suit brought against a state district judge by his defeated opponent.
- A non-liability finding in a four week, two-million dollar breach of contract and fraud claim brought against client (one of the nation’s largest auto dealerships) by a gray market auto parts dealer.
- A non-liability finding in a three-week personal injury and wrongful termination trial brought by a former employee against client, a major non-subscribing drill pipe producer.
- The successful representation of a property owner in a dispute with a bank over the default of a tenant and alleged breach of a subordination agreement.
- A non-liability finding in a personal injury suit brought against a local network television news affiliate.
- Defense verdict in favor of client aircraft ground support equipment seller in suit brought against it for conversion and breach of lease.
Ten Ways Your Business Can Avoid Personal Injury Lawsuits
Newsletter Sign Up
Join our newsletter for information that may help your business avoid lawsuits and to successfully navigate the litigation process.