Jerry D. Mason is an AV-Preeminent rated attorney bringing more than 25 years of complex legal experience to serve the needs of clients in the context of general civil litigation, labor and employment law, and appellate litigation. His practice at some of the oldest, largest, and most respected firms in Texas has involved the representation of clients–from Fortune 100 corporations to small, family-owned businesses to governmental entities–in state and federal court, as well as in mediation, arbitration, and before state and federal administrative agencies. In addition to his extensive litigation background representing clients in all manner of contractual and commercial disputes, tort claims, and labor and employment law cases including matters arising under Title VII, ADEA, ADA, NLRA, OSHA, ERISA, and similar state statutes. In addition to his trial and appellate experience, he has a wealth of experience keeping clients compliant with the law through general advice and counseling as well as by conducting training seminars on a broad range of employment, contract, and civil litigation issues. Mr. Mason’s trial experience includes:
- Successfully defending an employer against claims for enhanced retirement benefits under a golden parachute agreement in a case brought by a former executive officer
- Successfully defending an energy company against claims of racial discrimination
- Successfully defending a client against claims of retaliatory discharge by a former employee
- Successfully defending a client in a complex five week trial involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and fraud
- Successfully defending a large retailer in claims arising under Title VII
- Successfully defending a Fortune 500 company at trial and on appeal in a multi-plaintiff case claiming breach of fiduciary duty and other alleged violations of ERISA
- Successfully defending a medical practice group in claims brought by a former physician employee for age discrimination
- Successfully defending a client in a complex 6 week trial involving claims of breach of contract and fraud
Mr. Mason is veteran of the U.S. Navy, a graduate of the University of New Mexico and Texas Tech University School of Law.
Ten Ways Your Business Can Avoid Personal Injury Lawsuits
Newsletter Sign Up
Join our newsletter for information that may help your business avoid lawsuits and to successfully navigate the litigation process.